Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Other Ways to See That I am "Still Making an Effort"...

Although I dream of being a blogger who posts each day, or even once a week, I am not that person.  Life gets in the way.  As a retired person who is addicted to searching on the internet, I don't "work" on writing each day.  I don't waste time, depending on how you look at it.  


Photo

I love Instagram.  It is a great tool for keeping track of friends and family.  It is great for random things you see and thoughts.  Watch my life through the eyes of Instagram, if you care. 




rough draft I drew of first floor of beach house





Much of my time online is spent doing research on the beach house my husband and I are building.  I collect ideas for colors, floors, countertops, kitchen arrangement, light fixtures, faucets - you name it.  If you would llike to be part of this journey, here is the Pinterest board for our (hopefully) soon-to-be-built beach house.





caprese summer salad with cannellini beans


I like to cook.  Bless my husband and his friend's hearts, they will eat almost anything.  I constantly look for healthy, easy-to-make recipes for our daily meals.  I also look for not-so-healthy treats to enjoy.  If you like simple recipes, here is the Pinterest board for the recipes I drool over and dream of making.


Faux cathedral windows, batiks with denim, raw edge showing fraying




Since before I retired, I have loved the idea of doing projects.  I love sewing, quilting, making things, refinishing furniture, and so on. The list could go forever. I have tried some of them.  Others are still a dream.  If you like a variety of projects, here is the Pinterest board for the projects I dream of doing.




One song work outs
Normally, I walk at least two miles each day with wrist and ankle weights.  As documented in this blog, I am always looking for interesting fitness ideas.  I imagine a notebook with organized laminated pages. Each day, I just flip to page and breeze through the workout.  This is the Pinterest board for all of the exercises I dream of doing, a different set each day.  (Insert hysterical laugh here.)



Photo by red - your abilityI enjoy reading quotes that inspire me to be a better person.  At one time, I considered starting a blog of daily inspirational quotes titled Pearl's {of} Wisdom. (Pearl is our beloved bulldog.)  After some research, I realized that probably a million other people had this same idea.  I don't believe in reinventing the wheel.  This is the Pinterest board for my favorites from the inspirational sayings I look at each day.






Laughter is the best medicine for whatever ails you.  I try to laugh at myself and with others each day. This is the Pinterest board for things that make me laugh.  Some are not for the faint of heart.
Women's Chambray Weekend Shirtdress from Lands' End Canvas




As documented in this blog, I love clothing and shoes.  I don't like to spend much money for them; however, I love shopping for them and making outfits.  My dream job might be working as a clothing outfit stylist. The Pinterest board for pieces of clothing and shoes I have purchased so I can remember what I've got.  (Way too much is what I've got!)



Bird Applique Pillow Cover by ragpiecesbypope on Etsy, $20.00As a creative venture, I started an Etsy 
shop named ragpiecesbypope.  It is currently closed for vacation; however, I hope to reopen soon.  The shop has items I made including dresses, pillow covers, baby quilts, and more.  Many of the items are made from upcycled clothing.  Here is the link to my Etsy shop ragpiecesbypope. 



So you see, hopefully, that I am not just randomly staring at a computer and being unproductive when I sit here on my exercise ball at the desk for hours at a time.  Now that many of my Pinterest boards are linked to this blog, my time on Pinterest and Etsy can now be considered "working on" and "research for" my blog.  Well, by my standards anyway.


No comments:

Post a Comment