Saturday, July 13, 2013

Saturday Night Out...What to Wear?

Tonight my husband and I are going to listen to a band with two of our single male friends. The two friends are always on the prowl for women. The four of us often go out together and have similar tastes in music. I know I'll have a great time with these three men, I always do. The quandary for me as always is...what to wear?  I want to be comfortable and look good, like most people.  I don't want to look like "one of the guys" but I also don't want to look overdone or "trying too hard" or old. In my closet, it is never that I don't have anything to wear.  I have the opposite issue - too many choices.  Luckily, my husband was out of the house this morning and I tried on several different tops and bottoms and shoes.  I think I hit on a good choice.  A bright yellow tunic top that is not too loose and not too sheer, my favorite faded tight skinny jeans, and a pair of brightly colored platform sandals. (The platform sandals have been in my closet for almost six months.  They still had the plastic around them in the box.  They have only been on my feet to walk around our house.  I have never had the nerve to wear them out of the house for fear of falling off of them.  As platform shoes go, they are not THAT tall, for me, they are a little scary. I love the way they look and these are actually comfortable.) I even have a red wax seal charm necklace. Perfect. I can just hear "Blurred Lines," Robin Thicke's song with T.I. and Pharrell, as I dance around the bedroom.

Summer Saturday NightI put the pieces together, made a picture, and posted it on Pinterest.  Within one minute, the pin had two likes.  I don't dress myself by what others think, but it did feel good to know that others thought it was a "like"-able outfit.

We'll see how a night out with the boys and my platform sandals goes this evening. Laughter, friends, clothes that make you feel good; all is well.



  

No comments:

Post a Comment