Sunday, December 16, 2012

A Move into the 21st Century

In an unexpected move, I got a smartphone.  And it's about time. My old flip phone was dying and when I looked today at Costco, there was no line.  I could walk right up to the kiosk and talk to a real human. A human who answered my questions and did not try to sell me more than I needed.  Sold.

The afternoon has been spent getting familiar with the phone - a Samsung Galaxy Stratosphere II - and downloading apps AND setting up email, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, my blog, and all of the other really important things I "need" to do online.  I can see that this phone can become an addiction.  

Although,as a librarian, I work with computers all day long, live online on my home laptop, and have a Kindle, I had wavered about spending additional money each month for a smartphone.  Today, I caved.  And so far, it is worth every penny of the extra $30.00 each month.  Well, really only $20.00 extra, because the very nice human at the kiosk saw that he could save us $10.00 each month on the data package for our home hot spot! See, this smartphone is already saving us money...

No comments:

Post a Comment